I’m always looking for unique ways to use my cut files and this ornament is just inspired!
Using a basic wood slice, some vinyl, and my “Merry Christmas to All” SVG cut file, I’ve created a gorgeous ornament that’s perfect for a rustic themed Christmas tree, a unique gift, or a keepsake for a child.
- Cut File (I used my Merry Christmas to All design)
- Vinyl (I used Oracal 641 Matte in dark gray and red, and 651 in Green for the green)
- Wood slices (I bought mine from Amazon here)
- Transfer Tape
- Jute Twine or other string/ribbon (also bought mine from Amazon here)
- Craft cutter (Silhouette, Cricut, etc)
- Drill with a 1/8-1/4″ (roughly) drill bit
This project is quite simple. Here are the long and super-complicated instructions:
- Cut, weed, and apply your design to the wood slice. (Note – if your vinyl has a hard time sticking to the wood, spray or brush on some kind of base like a poly sealer/mod podge/polycrylic/etc. The wood slices I used had no problems)
- Drill a hole at the top.
- Thread some twine through the hole as a hanger.
And voila! Project finished!
This ornament is FAST and looks gorgeous. Try it out today!
Like What You See?
Sign up for updates today and receive monthly bonus SVG Files, updates on the blog, and a FREE ebook full of unique product ideas!Hey just FYI some of the links I use here on my blog may be affiliate links but I promise I would never link to anything that I don't legit recommend or love ❤️