As soon as I finished my Let it Snow SVG design, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!
My sister-in-law had made some cute snowman ornaments last year with clear plastic ornaments and styrofoam beads. I wanted to put this design on one, but being a fairly detailed design I wasn’t sure if I could get it onto the ornament smoothly.
But then I saw some flattened circle ornaments on Amazon, so I ordered them and made my ornament and it turned out fabulous!
- Cut File (I used my Let It Snow cut file)
- Vinyl (I used Oracal 641 Matte in dark gray and dark blue)
- Flattened Clear Plastic fillable ornaments (I got mine here on Amazon)
- Tiny styrofoam beads (I got mine at Dollar Tree but they do have them on Amazon as well)
- Transfer Tape
- Craft cutter (Silhouette, Cricut, etc)
- Small funnel (or you can make one of a paper cone)
This project is simple but can be messy, so watch those styrofoam balls!
- Cut, weed, and apply your design to the plastic ornament.
- Tip: I line up my design and adhere it in the very center, and then slowly and carefully rub the vinyl onto the ornament, working with the curve gradually from the inside out.
- Remove the top of the ornament, fit your funnel in, and slowly pour in the styrofoam beads until the ornament is filled.
- Note: if your styrofoam balls are getting staticky, rubbing a dryer sheet onto the funnel and the ornament will help them from jumping around.
And… all done! Easy peasy!
Like What You See?
Sign up for updates today and receive freebie SVG Files, updates on the blog, and a FREE ebook full of unique product ideas!Hey just FYI some of the links I use here on my blog may be affiliate links but I promise I would never link to anything that I don't legit recommend or love ❤️