These cute wooden Valentine’s Day gift tags are such a fun way to dress up an ordinary gift – and they are reusable to boot!
Oh and how about being a GREAT way to use up vinyl scraps??
Let’s get started!
For this project I’m using Oracal 651 vinyl applied directly onto some 2 1/4 x 1 1/4″ wooden gift tags from Amazon.
You’ll want to choose your design pretty carefully, since you’re cutting small, to make sure it isn’t too intricate to cut at such a smaller size.
I’ve got several designs I made just for this purpose!
- Cut File – I used my “Too Sweet” cut file (along with some others) which will be available after Jan 25, 2022.
- Vinyl (I used scraps of Oracal 651 Permanent Outdoor vinyl)
- Transfer Tape (I used rTape At65)
- Wooden Gift Tags (I used these ones from Amazon)
- Hemp Twine
- Craft cutter (Silhouette, Cricut, etc)
- Weeding tools
- Burnishing tools
- Sort through your tags and size the design accordingly for your tag (don’t forget to allow for the tie hole!)
- Cut and weed your vinyl design, apply the transfer tape, and center it on the tag.
- Burnish & rub the design really well, then pull off the transfer tape carefully at a sharp angle.
- Add your hemp twine hanger to the tie hole, and you’re all set!
Easy peasy! These wooden Valentine’s Day gift tags are a great, fast way to really dress up a Valentine’s day gift.
Like What You See?
Sign up for updates today and receive freebie SVG Files, updates on the blog, and a FREE ebook full of unique product ideas!Hey just FYI some of the links I use here on my blog may be affiliate links but I promise I would never link to anything that I don't legit recommend or love ❤️